Currently recruiting for a Shift Technician to carryout both Planned and Reactive building maintenance on a retail contract. In the role you will be working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern offering a competitive salary based in Sourthampton.
- Carry out the effective delivery of electrical, mechanical and fabric maintenance to both plant equipment and building equipment on the site.
- Provide assistance to other maintenance personnel as and when required.
- Provide excellent communication and customer service to the client.
- To follow all company procedures including following all company health and safety requirements
- Completion of required documentation as specified in relevant standards and regulations to maintain 100% statutory compliance at all times
- Utilise smart phones to receive and record work information, including number of hours applied to each work request
- To assist all trades within the facility and to complete tasks away from your core skills providing it is safe to do so
- Perform maintenance on sites outside of your designated area as workload demands from time to time
- Develop an effective working relationship with the NSC; understand the impact of the NSC on your daily performance
- To ensure that all work is undertaken within the job holder's own level of demonstrated competence
- Participate in the Health and Safety Policy (including Accident Reporting Process) of the company and report to the TS regarding any dangers; hazards or other defects/issues that may be encountered
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the Client
- Maintain adherence to the Client's code/rules of conduct
- Minimise disruption to the Client's business when completing works at the Client's site
- Maintain a professional and safe image at all times by wearing appropriate PPE
- Ensure all tools (as provided) are maintained correctly
- Please note that this list is not exhaustive and individuals may be required from time-to-time to complete additional duties in line with their knowledge, skills and capabilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Completed a recognised qualification in 1 or more of the following: Air Conditioning, Electrical Engineering (17th edition), Gas Combustion (Domestic and Commercial), Plumbing. Mechanical Systems
- Note: Multi-skilled Technician is defined as a technician with a primary skill, i.e. one of those listed above plus significant competency in one of the others listed, this technician with have high levels of autonomy
- Working to Planned Preventative and Reactive maintenance regimes
- Knowledge of electrical services
- Fault finding on Control circuits
- Knowledge of lone working requirements
- Experience of General Building Management Systems
- Risk Assessment and Method Statement trained
- Demonstrable experience in the discipline area(s)
- Appreciation of industry safety standards and procedures
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual
- Ability to record work accurately, both on work sheets and computer based systems
- Willingness to undertake further training
- Willingness and ability to participate in task audits/near miss reporting/plant audits etc
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Flexible approach to working practices
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.