Our client is a high profile provider of Logistical support services with multiple sites across the UK and Ireland. This long established company is currently experiencing rapid growth and in line with the strategic plan, is looking for 6 talented and ambitious individuals to join their Engineering Department.
As the Shift Team Leader you will be responsible for a multi-disciplined team of up to 15 Mechanical & Electrical engineers. Therefore the ideal candidate will have a multi-disciplined background, or at least a background in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, and have previous multi-disciplined supervisory experience.
Shift pattern will be 4 days on, with 4 days off, then 4 nights on and 8 days off. (days 7am-7pm, nights 7pm-7am)
Role Purpose: To work within the engineering team to support management in maintaining all heavy mobile plant, cranes and equipment operated within the Liverpool Container Division. Ensuring that duties undertaken are of a high standard and maximising operational uptime.
- Complete planned and reactive maintenance work and modification to all types of heavy mobile plant, cranes and associated equipment
- Liaise with operations to prioritise breakdown repairs, planned works, projects and PMs to ensure reactive maintenance impact is minimised
- Carry out all duties with due care and attention, adhering to the Company's Health and Safety Policy and HSE regulations
- Identify training needs within the teams and create training/development plans.
- Effectively manage resource from a multi skilled workforce of both day and shift based engineers
- Assist management in all areas of the department as required
- Ensure completion of documentation including daily logs and job reports, both manual and IT based
Skills & Experience:
- A time served apprentice qualified to a minimum HNC Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of effective maintenance strategies i.e. RCM, PM, CBM & TPM or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Able to fault find and problem solve, using fault finding diagnostic equipment and be able to effectively guide others
- Previous experience of working with heavy plant or cranes and associated equipment
- A full valid Driving Licence is essential
- Strong previous experience within a supervisory role is essential