H9 Technical are currently recruiting for a Shift Manager/ Shift Team Leader to manage a multi skilled operations team, providing front line Operational leadership and management at a biomass facility in Lincolnshire. As the Shift Team Leader you will assume a senior role within the site management team, and work closely with Operations and Maintenance manager to ensure health safety and compliance across the site.
- Co-ordinating safety with regard to work activities, releasing plant for maintenance and carrying out isolation, high voltage switching and preparation and issue of safety documentation in line with site Safety Rules.
- Site Control Person, and Senior Authorised Person: Electrical (including HV) and Mechanical under the site Safety Rules.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day Safety and Environmental performance of the facility, in accordance with relevant HSE legislation and guidance, and the site PPC Permit.
- Active participation in site Safety forums, including procedure and Safety System reviews on a periodic basis.
- Priority investigation, close out, rectification and reporting of incidents, accidents and near misses
- Implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental Management systems and policies.
- Undertaking the role of Incident Controller, responsible for managing all site emergencies safely and in line with Local Management Instructions.
- Provision of leadership, direction and personal development to the Shift Team, to build and maintain a team working culture where team members can and want to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Providing high quality, detailed shift logging, including Health, Safety, Environmental and plant performance matters.
- Deputising for the Operations Manager when designated to do so.
Qualifications & Experience
- HNC/ ONC or equivalent Engineering qualification
- Supervisory experience in a steam powered power plant operations role.
- Experience of Electricity Supply Industry standard Safe Systems of work, Safety Rules and Permit for Work Systems.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation relevant to power generation, energy, recycling.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution systems, their protection and switching.
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the principles and operations of steam driven power plant.
- Experience of working in a technically challenging and politically sensitive environment.
- Computer literate
Advantageous Skills/ Qualifications
- Senior Authorised Person status: Electrical(including HV) and Mechanical.
- Knowledge and understanding of HV distribution systems, their protection, and switching up to 33KV.
- Experience in the identification and delivery of change programmes that have a positive impact on operational and business requirements
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification.
- Experience of steam powered Energy from Waste/biomass/heavy industrial.
- Environmental Performance
- Plant Operations
- Power Generation
- Environmental Management Systems
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'