Are you an experienced Logistics, Warehouse, Landfill or Operations Team Leader looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Shift Team Leader for our team in Bury, working 48 hours a week on a days / nights shift pattern.
In return for your hard work as our Shift Team Leader, we can offer a salary of £23,729 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
The ideal Shift Team Leader:
- Understanding of a manufacturing/ process plant operation
- Basic engineering/maintenance knowledge
- Good understanding of the English language, both written and spoken (for documentary purposes)
- Health and Safety qualification (IOSH) within 6 months
- Mobile plant/FLT licence
Shift Team Leader Responsibilities include:
- Supervise the effective operation of the Material Recycling Facility (MRF) and to ensure the quality of the products in accordance with statutory legislation and Company policies in a safe, cost effective and timely manner
- Lead your team and participate in the effective and safe running of all site operations
- Ensure compliance with all Company IMS work practices as directed
- Operate in accordance with Company Health and Safety procedures at all times
- Actively seek efficiency/optimisation opportunities.
- Assist with the general operations of the recycling operation as required or directed by the Production Controller.
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues to ensure effective communication across the site.
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Shift Team Leader.
Closing Date: 22nd March 2017
- Shift Team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job