Job Title: Shift Team Leader
Location: Romford, Essex
Salary: Up to £22,500
Our Client a leading expert in the manufacturing industry are looking for an experience Shift Team Leader. The purpose of this Shift Team Leader is to lead the team and help maintain the Company’s production activities, whilst meeting customer service and quality. Further responsibilities of the Shift Team Leader include:
- Ensure that the factory meets its legal and Company obligations with respect to safety, environmental and hygiene factors in line with Company policies and procedures. And to ensure any unauthorised or unsafe actions are stopped immediately.
- Take hour by hour responsibility for all aspects of production and the production team. Including but not limited to
a) Ensuring health and safety of all reports at all times
b) Allocation of duties.
c) Maximising production output.
d) Preparing material for the machines.
e) Printing labels.
f) Ensuring all production paper work is completed fully.
g) Assisting in changeovers.
h) Working with the site engineer to rectify production equipment problems
i) Key holder with responsibility of opening up and securing the business at the end of the day.
j) Assist production team members with production issues as and when they arise.
k) Assist the Quality Auditor with any quality related production issues.
l) Start up and shut down procedures
m) Assist in staff appraisals
- Help to ensure that the factory meets its key performance targets as outlined by the Board of Directors.
- Work with/assist the Production Planner, Stock Administrator and Factory Manager.
- Assist in the introduction and sustainability of modern manufacturing techniques such as total productive maintenance, efficient workflow and workplace organisation.
- Work with and develop your team to achieve world-class standards and key performance targets.
- Develop operator skills and knowledge to cover for holidays and absence of the Team Leader.
- Similar experience from a manufacturing background or an experienced team leader who has effectively lead a manufacturing team for a number of years.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong customer focus with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Numerate and literate
- Able to use initiative
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure
Working hours will be 6:30 to 15:00 and 9:15 to 17:45 Monday to Friday (alternate weeks). Please note the role may convert to a standard double day rotating shift pattern, when and if business requirements necessitate the introduction of a split shift within the production facility.
- Health Safety
- Manufacturing Environment
- Production Planning
- Team Leader