Job Title: Shift Supervisor
Location: The role will initially be based for 5 days per week. This may change depending on client / business requirements
Working Hours: Required to follow a shift with a weekly rotation. Shifts include a rotational pattern of earlies, lates & nights.
Job purpose: To look after the temporary associates and assist them with general queries as well as dealing with all absence and labour issues for the client.
* Client facing / excellent customer service
* Team work
* Attention to detail
* Commercial Awareness
Key responsibilities and accountability:
* Liaise with HO payroll contacts
* Take ownership of complete resolution for payroll queries
* Ensure Contract of Employment issued and paid for any induction/training days attended
* Accurate management of starters/leavers on payroll
* Deal with holiday pay queries
* New starters to be greeted at the GI GROUP office before start of shift and introduced to relevant personnel
* Ensure all relevant documentation given / completed i.e shift planners, CAI forms.
* Ensure all new starters are set up on MPR, SAP & sent to HO.
* Ensure employee numbers are entered on records.
* Complete relevant reviews i.e 2 day, 2 week & 12 week and update tracker.
* Ensure leavers are removed from database promptly.
* Removal of leavers from SAP on leaver date.
* Update MPR
* Record all leavers of Leaver records, with reasons
* Process final payments of any outstanding monies owed.
* Personally hand out / send written communications/newsletters, birthday emails etc.
* Ensure each associates feels valued and welcomed to the GI GROUP office
* Maintain an open and friendly office culture
* Manage associate Reward and Recognition incentives - issue award and take photo.
* Speak to associates following appraisal if required.
* Provide advice on work related issues, e.g. uniform, holiday process, etc.
* Ensure all queries are resolved in a timely manner
* Actively promote Associate Incentive schemes.
* Complete quarterly DVLA check for any drivers on site.
* Ensure shop floor presence in all technologies.
Process Management/Disciplinary Support
* Pro-actively manage absence and timekeeping issues by following agreed processes
* Follow/conduct the disciplinary process in line with GI GROUP Contract of Employment - conduct all levels of disciplinary process up to but not including dismissals.
* Supply union with correct notice requirements and ensure full details passed over.
* Support performance management process by conducting investigations (statements, gathering evidence, administration etc.).
* Inform GI GROUP management of potential terminations
* Ensure all paperwork on Investigations, Disciplines and Grievances are kept up to date and filed appropriately.
* Ensure site data base is updated.
Client Relationship Building
* Build strong relationships with all key managers across the operation
* Add value to client through consistently high performance levels, innovation and clarifying our understanding of their needs
* Build strong relationships with relevant union officials
* Build relationships with other key contacts such as Security, Occupational Health, Uniform, Accounts, Facilities, etc.
* Ensure weekly meetings attended as required i.e absence / labour etc.
* Ensure communication with colleagues across the business is clear, open and informative
* Work closely with other Shift Supervisors and Account co-coordinators to support the business where required.
* Provide cover for internal holidays.
* Add value to GI GROUP business by suggesting alternative ways of working that could improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Support enrolments for Apprenticeship scheme.
* Housekeeping of all records
Statistical reports and controls
* Check absence report weekly and ensure correct information captured for MI reporting.
* Check MI (dashboard) reporting weekly.
* Forward reports via e-mail to all relevant parties
* Understand contract KPIs and aim for maximum achievement
* Work to personal KPIs and team targets and aim to over achieve
Please note due to various changes within the business this job description is not exhaustive and additional tasks and responsibilities may be required in line with business needs.
- Team player / Good communication / Attention to detail
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'