Competitive salary plus performance related bonus
Joining the team at DPD Local could be the best move you’ll ever make. We are a dynamic and expanding business in the rapidly growing parcel delivery sector. Part of the DPD Group, DPD Local Sywell combine first class service, amazing people, industry leading technology and a supportive environment to deliver an award winning experience.
You’ll become a member of a supportive team that works together to achieve exceptional results. Every day will hold new and interesting challenges as you will become a key player in solving problems and ensuring our service remains industry leading.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a large team of drivers, contractors and support staff in the planning and organising of transport schedules and operational work of the collection and delivery function.
- A good working knowledge of DPD Local operational and administrative procedures at depot level
- The team meeting productivity, operational and quality targets
- Ensuring all transport services comply with company policy, legal legislation/ regulations
- A flexible approach to work and a willingness to succeed
- The ability to lead by example and communicate well
- Solving customer queries
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have man-management and time management skills
- Experience in a transport environment
- Be computer literate (Excel and Word)
- Be methodical and organised
- Be able to work on their own initiative and be self-motivated
- Have a firm but fair approach to supervision
- Be able to work under pressure
- Hold a full driving licence
We’re growing at a rapid rate, which means you can look forward to a secure and rewarding future with great development opportunities in an increasingly successful and expanding company.
Hours of work: 09:00 - 19:00 Mon - Fri, Saturdays as per rota
If you would like to be part of our continuing success apply now
- Supervisory Experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job