Shifts: 4on 4off Rotating
Working hours: 06.00am - 18.00pm / 18.00pm - 06.00am rotating
As Shift Supervisor, you will contribute to the success of the site by supporting the Depot Manager in the day-to-day running of the warehouse, ensuring that all service and cost targets are met or exceeded, that all Health & Safety requirements are met and that the highest standards of housekeeping are maintained. Whilst deputising for the Shift Managers in their absence.
- To assist the Depot Manager in the day to day running of the operation and in co-ordinating any issues within the warehouse.
- Scheduling and supervising the activities and the functions of the warehouse staff.
- Ensuring the proper and timely completion of all warehouse activities.
- To communicate plans with the Operations Controllers to ensure 100% customer
- To keep and maintain records of team performance against plans and to advise theDepot Manager of factors that may disrupt operations which cannot be resolved by the team.
- To ensure compliance with the Company's Health & Safety policy and procedures through safe systems of work and practices, good housekeeping and the provision of information and training to the warehouse team to ensure total safety awareness.
- To assist in the organisation of training and development for warehouse staff, including on-the-job coaching, and to evaluate training effectiveness in terms of improved individual and team performance and the maximum flexibility of team members.
- To review with the Depot Manager and individual members' opportunities for improving work methods and practices on a continuous basis.
- To assist theDepot Manager in controlling levels of planned and unplanned absence and take appropriate action to ensure cover, as necessary, and manage reductions of unacceptable levels.
- To offer regular feedback, formal and informal, on team and individual performance, including behavioural issues and highlighting good performance and areas for further development.
- To participate as an active member of the management team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, customer and quality focus and team working.
This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
- Flexibility within the role to be able to cover a variety of areas within the warehouse.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be a team player who is capable of working on their own initiative.
- Able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of on-site systems.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- PC Literate in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress.
- Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns.
- Ability to efficiently lead a team, delegate, supervise functions and keep staff motivated.
- Should have good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, conciliation skills and the capacity to network with suppliers and customers.
- Working knowledge of SAP, PKMS, Road Runner would be useful but not essential.
- Experience in a packing, or rework operation would be advantageous.