Shift Supervisor - Corby
Temp to perm
Shift: Rotating one week 0600-1400 following 1400-2200
Purpose of Job:
To support the Shift Manager in ensuring the handling and despatch of all customer products is achieved to optimum levels of cost and efficiency through the effective supervision and control of all staff and resources, whilst equally maintaining the highest levels of safety, welfare and security within all areas of warehouse shift activity.
- Effective supervision of staff across all operational departments including :
- Unloading, processing, put away, replenishment
- Product Handling
- Stock Control
- Staffing levels
- Staff management and engagement
- Mechanical Handling Equipment
- A thorough understanding of all warehouse areas
- Ability to adapt to business requirements and to work effectively in different operational departments
- Experience of managing teams within a warehouse/production environment
- Process oriented – an appreciation for specific client requirements
- People manager – Leads by example, encourages team spirit and can motivate a team
- Adaptable & responsive to change – ability to monitor workflow and move workforce accordingly.
- Result oriented & Challenges situations – able to get on with task in hand but challenge where task given may not be most effective
- Enthusiasm, drive and a can do attitude
- Can communicate clearly to colleagues and managers
- Able to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines
- Computer literate and able to follow complex instructions
- Performance activity of goods in/stock replenishment/picking/packing and despatch.
- Maintain accurate Records of all attendance related matters including holiday /unauthorised absence/sickness/timekeeping and agency usage.
- Record issues relating to health and safety, including employee accidents, near misses, MHE status/defects.
- Incidents relating to the good integrity of stock and/or potential or known breaches of security within the warehouse function.
- Any other details or statistics that are reasonably requested by the Operations Management Team.
Send CV’s to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"