Our client is an established and successful company based in Llanelli. They are currently looking for a Shift Quality Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Quality Manager is very open to recruiting the right person into the team. They will consider an experienced Quality Engineer or Quality Technician who has the skills and experience to make a difference within the business.
- Conduct regular Product and Process audits and feedback information as required taking appropriate actions
- Ensure that all Shift Operators adhere to the quality elements of the Standard Operating Procedures
- Identify any product or process non-conformity and potential improvement ideas.
- Ensure effective communication of Quality data to the manufacturing teams and to facilitate actions to improve.
- Assist in the resolution of Customer & Internal concerns with the Quality Engineers.
- Provide support to Senior Quality Engineers to enable Plant KPI’s to be achieved.
- Support team based problem-solving activities using structured techniques.
- The jobholder may be required to visit customer/supplier locations under the direction of the Senior Quality Engineer in order to resolve concerns
- To be a capable user of core basic quality tools & techniques and their application, typically: Ishikawa, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams, etc
- Set standards / supply correct documentation / train personnel regarding any concern containment actions
- Preferably you will be HNC Qualified or educated to a minimum ONC level in an engineering related discipline and willing to progress onto HNC.
- Quality Engineering or Quality Technician background.
- A good working knowledge of metal forming and fabrication processes.
- Previous experience ideally in quality function of a fast-moving manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of quality basic core tools and techniques
- The ability to cope with the pressures of a demanding manufacturing environment
- Must have a confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job