Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow company Safety, Health and Environmental procedures at all times.
- Follow company Quality procedures at all times.
- Prepare, load, operate and unload HIP furnaces according to written procedures and instructions.
- Unpack HIP loads according to written procedures and instructions.
- Complete the required documentation accurately and at the correct time according to written procedures and making use of the works computer system.
- Inform the Production Manager or Shift Supervisor of any problems achieving the planned production schedule.
- Assist in any area of production as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
- Ensure that suppliers, customers and drivers are dealt with courteously and efficiently at all times.
- Be punctual and achieve smooth shift changeovers for efficient operation of the business.
- Assist with Goods In and Despatch duties.
- Operate the forklift truck as required.
- Deliver / collect goods to / from customers if required.
- Liaise with Maintenance and Quality staff.
- Assist with minor maintenance activity and report maintenance requirements according to written procedures and instructions.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping at all times and carry out general housekeeping tasks.
- Learn how to operate new equipment, additional furnaces and perform other duties as the needs of the business change.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Good general education, good literacy, numeracy and IT competence
- FLT and crane operator
- Attention to detail
- Experience of heat treatment or other industrial environment
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your careerat Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. The closing date for applications is 16/10/2018.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"