Shift Operator- Energy from Waste
My client is currently looking to recruit a Shift Operator with immediate effect for an Energy from Waste Plant in Buckinghamshire.
This is a permanent role, based on the plant, working on a shift-basis (details can be provided).
A competitive salary with market-leading benefits package is on offer, and the opportunity to work for one of the fastest-growing and reputable businesses in the industry.
Acting under the direction of the Shift Team Leader, ensure safe and efficient operation of all production activities on site which would include an Energy from Waste high-pressure boiler and steam turbine generator, together with all associated auxiliary plant - this will be to include first-line fault diagnosis. In doing so also fostering an ethos of maximum plant reliability, flexibility, availability. This is to be achieved whilst attaining high standards of Quality, Health & Environmental performance.
- ONC/City and Guilds/NVQ Level 3 in craft skill or process/thermal production operations. This will include a good level of practical Operational/Maintenance experience/knowledge (Qualifications below this may be acceptable if accompanied by suitable experience).
- A good understanding of all HSE aspects is a fundamental requirement, IOSH managing safely is preferable.
- 5 years process industry experience or knowledge of power generation operations and maintenance associated with Steam turbines, boilers, balance of plant, electrical generation and distribution up to 33kV, plant control and instrumentation.
- Communication and motivational skills.
- At least 3 years in power generation industry operations and maintenance. Exposure to heavy process plant maintenance activity.
Please respond to this advert ASAP and we will be in touch if your profile is suitable. A full job specification and copy of shift pattern can be provided. Quick start available for the right candidate.
- Operating Systems
- Power Generation
- Waste to Energy