Are you an experienced Shift Manager looking for your next opportunity?!
We're searching for our new colleague to work in our highly motivated, inclusive and productive Fulfilment Team that deliver a high-quality, cost-effective Fulfilment services for established businesses, providing a high-quality, seamless experience from the first click to final delivery.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Shift Manager runs part of our busy operation for the Depot including all activity for the organisation and management of staff, process and the resources required in Depot for their Shift. As an experienced Shift Manager, you'll ensure consistent achievement of the volume, quality and efficiency targets on a shift-by-shift basis so that Whistl continues to deliver the highest quality, most cost-effective offering for its customers.
All of our work is target driven, so it's essential you'll take responsibility for critical processes, including goods-in and escalation, replenishment, picking/packing, returns, despatch and providing guidance and support for the Shift Supervisors on process, resource, stakeholder and people management activities. You'll also support the senior management team with critical staffing level information, such as request for additional temporary labour, ensuring third party agency workers are engaged, trained appropriately and are made to feel part of the Whistl family.
We welcome applications from candidates with any of the following skills: Warehouse, Shift Manager, Operations, Logistics, Management, Leadership, People Management, Cost Management, Stakeholder Management, Risk Assessment, IT Literate, MS Office, KPIsBenefits
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement; starting at 31 days (including public holidays), increasing up to 36 days with long service
- VIP Discounts on select clients' products and services.
- Access to our prestige Benefits and Rewards Portal; including discounts on High-street shopping, days out, entertainment and food & drink, including popular brands such as Apple, Samsung, and Buyagift.
- Long Service Rewards; both financial and leave based.
- Health Cash Plan; in which you can get money back on health treatments such as prescriptions, eye care, dental, and more.
- Life Assurance Scheme; A scheme that may provide a lump-sum payment should you die whilst employed by the company.
- Career Development Opportunities; through E-Learning, Management Development Programmes, and Apprenticeships in which you can gain professional qualifications during working time at no cost to yourself.
- Access to a well-established Employee Assistance Programme provider; who provides support to our people and their families in areas such as their health and wellbeing.
And other excellent benefits you'd expect from a market leader.
Previous experience at this level or similar is essential, as is effective communication to groups (e.g. at daily shift briefings) and one-to-ones. You'll also be:
- As a Shift Manager you will need to be highly organised in your approach, prioritising tasks in close liaison with Team Leaders and warehouse staff.
- Have a strong skill set of managing attendance, conduct and performance will be the key to success in this role, including third party agency workers.
- Skilled in effective cost management and building effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Have sound decision making skills.
- Able to motivate a team of supervisors and effectively prioritise and organise daily and weekly tasks.
- Up-to-date knowledge and ability to undertake risk assessments.
- A competent user of MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and other IT systems to manage, monitor and report key performance indicator information.
Come and be a part of a winning team, working with like-minded people who want to make a difference.
Whistl are a delivery management company providing efficient, high-quality and competitively priced services across Business Mail, Parcels, Fulfilment and Doordrop Media both in the UK and internationally. Distributing more than 4 billion items annually, we are market leaders in Downstream Access Mail (DSA) services handling over 50% of bulk business mail in the UK.
Whistl is a Disability Confident employer and is committed to equal opportunities for all in all of our employment policies and practices.
Due to the nature of our business, this role may be subject to a basic DBS check.
- Warehouse | Shift Manager | Operations | Logistics | Management | Leadership | People Management | Cost Management | Stakeholder Management | Risk Ass
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'