Core Days: Any 5 in 7 – primarily Monday - Friday
- 1x AM Shift – 06:00 - 14:00
- 1 x PM Shift – 14:00 – 22:00
- 1 x Night Shift – 22:00 – 06:00
Reporting directly to the Warehouse Operations Manager, this is a key managerial position within the day to day shift management responsibility for the Warehouse operation.
The successful candidates will be required to deputise for the Warehouse Operations Manager on occasions. The Warehouse is a complex operation delivering high levels of service for a luxury brand market leader.
You will maximize site operational performance by providing a strong ethos of leadership and colleague engagement whilst driving a strong quality standard.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a complete understanding of the operation, and closely manage the customer requirements and ensuring that a variety of challenging KPIs are consistently achieved.
- Ensuring Health and Safety is culturally embedded across the site and safe working practices are adopted and adhered to throughout the teams
- Ensuring the customer and Great Bear Quality audit processes are applied at all times and always met
- Managing colleague attendance, performance, productivity and accuracy levels, and motivating team members to achieve high levels of performance.
- As part of the wider senior operations team creating and driving a continuous improvement culture within the site, implementing plans to engage the workforce and consistently improve the performance.
- Shift manning and labour management to achieve workloads in a time sensitive operation.
- Daily management and responsibility for achieving operational and financial KPI’s.
- Developing a good working knowledge of all Warehouse operational areas including inbound, outbound, returns, inventory, co-pack, customer service
- Communicating confidently and effectively with staff, on site customers and other areas of the business to maintain and develop positive relationships.
- Controlling labour costs, whilst ensuring a flow of work is maintained throughout the warehouse without any disruption to the business.
- Monitoring and promoting safe MHE standards and colleague accountability.
- Managing performance of employees to ensure maximum productivity and taking appropriate steps to manage underperformance.
- Proactively managing and addressing any disciplinary matters that may arise ensuring that the correct procedure is followed at all times.
- Managing in a controlled and timely manner all sickness and absence, supporting and managing employees effectively to ensure low levels of absence.
This list is not exhaustive and the successful position holder may be required to carry out any task which the Company might reasonably require you to do.
- A proven leader with experience of managing a large team minimum of 20+ employees in a busy fast paced warehouse.
- Proven experience of working in a busy peak environment, whilst still successfully delivering KPIs and high-quality standards
- Proven experience of all aspects of people management including probationary, attendance, performance and disciplinary matters.
- A highly confident and proactive individual able to motivate and drive employees
- Able to work as part of a team and to clearly demonstrate a professional attitude towards all colleagues.
- A ‘can do’ attitude always looking at ways of ‘doing things differently’
- A culture of Continuous improvement with proven delivery of results
- A culture of maintaining high level of Quality
- An organised and focused approach to all administrative duties.
- PC literate including a good working knowledge of MS Packages.
Measures and Performance
- Internal KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Efficiency of resources utilised.
- Cost management.
- Customer Satisfaction.
- Overall warehouse performance.
- Quality audits
Click APPLY NOW to kick – start your application!