As Shift Manager you will be leading, managing and continually developing the production teams to ensure all business objectives, customer's requirements and daily supply targets are achieved.
You will be exceeding Customer's and Business expectations for supply of products, including delivery, quality, security and quantity requirements.
This will involve working closely with the engineering, fleet and logistics teams to continuously improve overall site effectiveness ensuring utilisation of production facilities, people development and a lean culture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Fulfilling the customer's requirements within required timeframe and in accordance with received schedule and specifications. Liaising with all customers where appropriate to ensure service commitments are realised and to update them accordingly
- Ensuring productivity, cost effectiveness, quality, quantities and service delivery in the production process of all lines
- Generating and analysing reports/KPIs and making recommendations on trends, improvements and corrective actions to achieve and enhance operational excellence
- Ensuring all staff are appropriately trained and qualified for performing specific tasks
- Monitoring resource levels for the Team so that planned absence is monitored and controlled efficiently without an adverse affect on the operation and to ensure the production requirements are delivered on time in full (OTIF) and to the specifications outlined in the Client's contract
- Taking responsibility for maintaining a warehouse area that maximises the movement of product in an efficient and productive manner without service failures
- Making sure that all equipment meets safety expectations and certification
- Making sure that production and despatch documentation is accurately produced and records are maintained
- Motivating the team so that productivity targets are exceeded and they are involved in continuous improvement process
- Having responsibility for monitoring and controlling the shift working patterns so that the right amount of staff are attending work in line with their roster
- Ensuring that team members conduct themselves responsibly consistent with company policy and where necessary deal with any deviations and underperformance in a fair and consistent manner as per the company's policies and procedures
- Carrying our appraisal and performance reviews with team members and identify any development needs with appropriate action plans put in place
- Ensuring strict compliance with all security processes, including sealing of kits and vehicles and restricted access to secure working areas
- Must have a good standard of education and be able to demonstrate high level of written, verbal, logical and numerical reasoning
- NVQ or equivalent in a logistics or production discipline is preferable
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Operational management experience, service and complexity service delivery
- Technical expertise in laundry, production, warehousing, distribution or logistics desirable
- Proven record of achieving results in a similar continuous short lead time supply operation
- A natural motivator of people who instils drive and commitment within teams
- Work very effectively in a fast moving pressurised environment
- Passion for continuous improvement and attention detail
- A detailed and structured approach to work
- Able to converse confidently with colleagues at all levels and team player
- Ability to problem solve in an innovative and flexible manner
- Very good organisational skills and be able to adapt to changing circumstances promptly
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.
- shift manager