Cathedral Appointments are currently seeking an experienced Shift Manager for a production company based in Newton Abbot, Devon. The client is a market leader in the manufacturing of precision metal parts and they require a Shift Manager to join the team and lead the cell across multiple shift patterns. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Shift Manager will lead the activities of the cell to ensure that production targets are met, and performance levels are improved.
- Lead and motivate all employees in the cell through effective communication and coaching
- Undertake appraisals, identify training needs to develop a flexible workforce
- Prioritise work to achieve cell daily/weekly/monthly requirements
- Manage shift and set priorities in line with production requirements (quality/sickness/holiday/overtime)
- Maintain & improve quality standards by ensuring that all process updates and alterations are compliant, and reflected, within the company’s quality procedures
- Work with Operations Manager and other teams to ensure that production flow is maintained and to required standards
- Ensure that the cell has all the correct tools, fixtures, consumables & equipment to enable production and that at the end of the shift all are stored in the correct locations
Required Skills and Experience:
- Relevant qualification in a Supervisory/Management discipline
- Successful completion of team leader development programme
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting demands
- Good understanding of CI and lean management techniques
- Excellent problem solving ability
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well established, International company. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. For more information on the position and how to apply please send an up to date CV or get in contact with Dan at Cathedral Appointments.
Keywords: Quality, Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Operations, Production, PDCA.
Location: Newton Abbot, Torquay, Exeter, Plymouth, Devon.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job