A Shift Manager is sought by a manufacturing organisation specialising in carpeting prime residences, iconic buildings of national and historic interest as well as many of the world's leading luxury hotels, cruise ships, gaming and leisure venues.
This is a key role in the continuing transformation of the Plant's performance and requires the successful individual to be able to manage a team of and successfully deliver a programme of sustainable quality management.
The Shift Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Full responsibility and accountability for shift performance.
- Ensure all KPIs / targets are achieved (including cost) and maintained. Line management responsibility for Team Leaders.
- Co-ordination of Process, Maintenance and Tooling on Shift.
- Ensure implementation of standardized operations and workplace organization.
- Immediate, forward and contingency planning.
- Attend and participate in communication activities and / or teamwork, including team briefs, quality briefs, quarterly presentations, Kaizen workshops etc.
- Lead and supervise ancillary areas.
- Coach, mentor and develop Team Leaders.
- Audit efficient close down and start up procedures.
- Support and maintain the required 5s standards.
- Drive documentation and reporting for all shifts.
- Audit efficient close down and start up procedures
- Attend and participate in communication activities and/or teamwork, for example, team briefs, quality briefs, quarterly presentations and Kaizen workshops
- Maintain the required housekeeping standards
- You must possess degree level or equivalent education or by experience in an engineering principal
- ILM 3 or equivalent supervisory qualification is essential.
- Applicants must hold a full clean driving licence.
- Extensive supervisory experience in a fast moving manufacturing environment (automotive 1st tier), chemicals, moulding or foam etc.
- Must be a self starter and able to work on their own initiative. Ability to interact with people of different levels inside and outside the Company and to lead team to achieve department goals and business objectives, have the ability to deal with day-to-day business situations.
- Have a passion for problem solving and be process oriented with analytical skills.
Excellent Salary + Benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job