Shift Manager - Transport
By placing the customer at the heart of our organisation, we aim to provide complete satisfaction, and we depend on our employees to deliver this. We look for people who are excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic business that operates in a fast-moving, challenging environment, and who want to use their skills and ambition to help drive our company forward.
NFT Penrith is recruiting for a Shift Manager. This position is on a permanent basis, the working hours are 4 on 4 off nights, working 42 hours per week.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role forms a key part of the Penrith operation and has responsibility for managing a broad range of people and relationships across the depot. Encouraging high standards of performance from all team members to achieve the service level targets of the customer, whilst ensuring decisions and actions taken are in line with company policy.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overall operation of the shift, ensuring all necessary resources are available to meet the daily requirements of the contracts;
- Responsibility to ensure all deadlines are met, providing solutions and ideas to take the business forward and optimise any opportunities that present themselves;
- Management of the transport office and drivers;
- Build relationships with customers and suppliers;
- Maintaining high standards of operational performance, setting and enhancing the standards of behaviour at the depot;
- Pro - active Health and Safety management;
- Proactive cost management;
- Development of the transport office teams.
Candidates should have proven experience in both primary warehousing and distribution knowledge, strong leadership skills are essential as is the ability to manage change. A professional attitude and the desire to lead and succeed are essential.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, in addition to having strength of character and an assertive nature, commercial awareness and understanding of client base, a good understanding of Health and Safety legislation and be competent in using Microsoft Office Programmes.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking to develop and progress within the business. Candidates will be able to demonstrate personal credibility to ensure promotion of good working relationships across all functions.
We can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay;
- Childcare voucher scheme;
- Health Scheme - Cash Plan;
- Excellent career development opportunities;
- Contributory Pension Scheme;
- Service Related Holidays and Long Service Awards;
- "MyNFT" Discount Scheme.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"