DPD is currently recruiting for an experienced and customer-centric Warehouse Shift Manager to join our thriving business.
Shift Manager (Parcel Distribution)
Dartford Depot, DA1 4QN
Circa £31.5k +Bonus +London Weighting
This role, which is based in our Dartford Depot, will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of the UK's leading parcel delivery business in a business critical role.
This role requires night working and you’ll need the flexibility to work 5 nights from 7, to include weekends. You will be working in an environment where operating efficiently under pressure and at pace will be a fundamental aspect of the role.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the Warehouse Operatives are engaged, well managed and fully organised, so that the unloading of lorries and the accurate sortation of parcels is achieved in a timely and efficient manner. You will also:
- Be comfortable working within and adhering to all Key Performance Indicator’s (Transport, Health & Safety and Costs) and being subject to all HSE regulations and local policies
- And have added responsibility for resourcing additional staff at short notice in the event of any employee absence
Due to the time-critical nature of our business, the successful management of the night function is crucial to ensure a smooth handover.
Passionate about providing outstanding service, you will thrive operating in an environment where working efficiently under pressure and at pace is key to your success. You should have a good level of people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team. In addition, we’ll also expect you to:
- Be a good communicator, both written and verbal, with strong and decisive decision-making, problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Have a good degree of computer literacy, as well as the ability to monitor performance and analyse data, along with the initiative to act accordingly
- Be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action when required
- Be comfortable working within and adhering to set Key Performance indicators, spanning Transport, Health & Safety and Costs
- You must be willing to work across all 7 days, this will include weekends
- You must hold a full driving licence
DPD is the UK’s leading time-critical parcel delivery carrier and as a multiple award-winning business, we’re also a great organisation to join. In return, you can look forward to an attractive remuneration package that includes an excellent basic salary, bonus and the chance to join a rapidly developing organisation, able to offer genuine career and personal development opportunities.
DPD actively promotes its Dignity at Work Policy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"