Shift Manager (Parcel Distribution)
DPD are currently recruiting for an experienced and customer centric Shift Manager to join our thriving business.
This role, which is based in our Bournemouth Depot, will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of the UK's leading parcel delivery business in a business critical role.
In this role you will work through the afternoons and into the evening, in an environment where working efficiently under pressure and at pace will be a fundamental aspect of the role.
You will be primarily responsible for overseeing the accurate processing of Collections and Returns and undertaking driver debriefs. Ensuring relevant systems and reports are analysed and updated in a timely manner and that inbound customer service queries are answered and dealt with successfully will be a key requirement in this role. Additionally you will:
- Be accountable for supervising all Warehouse Operators and ensuring that all depot activities, including the docking/loading of Articulated Lorries, comply with HSE and company requirements
- Be comfortable working within and adhering to all Key Performance Indicator’s, spanning Transport, Health & Safety and Costs
Due to the time-critical nature of our business the successful management of the PM function is crucial to ensure a smooth handover.
Passionate about providing outstanding service, you will thrive operating in an environment where working efficiently under pressure and at pace is key to your success. You should have a good level of people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team. In addition, we’ll also expect you to:
- Be a good communicator, both written and verbal, with strong and decisive decision-making, problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Have a good degree of computer literacy, as well as the ability to monitor performance and analyse data, along with the initiative to act accordingly
- Be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action when required
- Be comfortable working within and adhering to set Key Performance indicators, spanning Transport, Health & Safety and Costs
- You must be willing to work 4 Shifts across all 7 days, this will include weekends. Working days will be Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday.
- You must hold a full driving licence.
DPD is the UK’s leading time-critical parcel delivery carrier and as a multiple award- winning business, we’re also a great organisation to join. In return, you can look forward to an attractive remuneration package that includes an excellent basic salary, bonus and the chance to join a rapidly developing organisation, able to offer genuine career and personal development opportunities.
DPD actively promotes its Dignity at Work Policy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"