Are you looking to join a company with great employee benefits? Do you have previous experience working in a manufacturing environment and have the ability to co-ordinate and supervise individuals? Then Smart Moves Recruitment may have the role for you!
Our Client is seeking a Shift Manager who will be working three 12 hour shifts then four days off on a rotating shift pattern.
Key Role of Shift Manager:
- Effectively manage all operations to ensure KPI’s targets and business objectives are met and maintained within production, quality, cost, delivery.
- Provide leadership and direction to all Manufacturing Shift Team Leaders and operatives in all aspects of the manufacturing operation.
- Ensure operations are conducted in compliance with LSI global quality specifications, whilst meeting customer SLA’s.
- Organise and facilitate daily Team Leader meetings, ensuring effective and relevant communications throughout all areas of responsibility, prioritising workloads and ensuring maximum process efficiency
- Review and develop continuous improvement, leading and participating in working parties to involve and engage staff, with an aim to increase efficiency and reduce costs. Have full involvement in their implementation and success minimising downtime while increasing UPLH.
- Initiate and implement best practice process, techniques and drive lean manufacturing and 5S
- Create innovative solutions to problems and opportunities to increase productivity
- Work alongside the other 3 Manufacturing Shift Managers to ensure correct manning levels, holiday cover where applicable and identify cross functional training needs for development of all shop floor staff and Team Leaders, completing training records to the required standard.
- Accurately complete full duty handover to the next Manufacturing Shift Manager - days to nights and nights to days.
Skills required being a Shift Manager:
- Experience working in a FMCG environment or any exposure of fast pace manufacturing operation.
- Possess safety qualification preferable IOSH or NEBOSH.
- Experience with coordinating and supervising work activities including shift personnel.
- Excellent communication skills are required at all levels; both verbally and written, with specific emphasis on an ability to carry out team briefings, participate in detailed shift handover and write concise reports.
- Good awareness of supply chain
- Ability to delegate.
- At least 5 year's experience as a Manufacturing Shift manager or similar.
- HNC or Equivalent or HND/ Degree.
If this is the new exciting role you are looking for then we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your CV and application for this role will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. However, to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and check out our vacancy page on our website.
- Communication Skills
- Supply Chain