REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading manufacturing company with a global client base.
Shift DAYS Manager -
Working a 3 on 3 off DAYS shift pattern - (6.00am – 6.00pm)
Collaboration with the supervision team and chargehand setters to improve the deliverables for a safe and efficient department. Manage materials and resources to ensure reconciliation and costings are controlled in line with budgeted numbers and ensure succession plans with process controls and standardisation techniques are in place.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure production activities are in line with short to medium term targets enabling to improve and develop the function and achieve health & safety, quality, efficiency, and training.
• Identify constraints and generate plans to remove issues preventing the delivery of service.
• Deliver job skills training, support the department to create a skilled workforce and carry out performance reviews.
• Manage shift activities and achieve department goals through focussing on continuous improvement and promoting a team-based culture.
• Ensure production outputs are met on time and in full.
• Maintain and enhance product quality and process compliance.
• Liaise with management before making decisions, which affect the overall operation.
• Maintain a safe working environment, conduct floor walks, follow up on actions points, measure housekeeping daily and promote H&S to a high standard.
• Make decisions and find solutions. Analyse information, evaluate results to achieve the best solution.
Key Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
• Previous experience of supervising/managing and motivating a team ideally within a production environment.
• A proven track record within manufacturing management.
• An appreciation of the injection moulding process would be advantageous but NOT essential
• Ability to apply 5’s techniques.
• ILM Level 3 certification or equivalent time served experience.
• The ability to coach people at various levels and positively engage and empower.
• A highly collaborative style and able to thrive in a team environment
• Strong people management / leadership. communication and problem-solving skills.
• Project management, production planning experience and computer skills.
• Commitment and drive with a high attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
Hours of work:
Working a 3 on 3 off days shift pattern - (6.00am – 6.00pm)
A degree of flexibility regarding working hours & overtime as you will be required to work over your standard hours on occasions.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'