Job Role: Shift Maintenance Fitter
Location: St Albans
Hours: 22:00 to 07:00 Monday to Friday 45 hours per week. 30minutes up paid break and 15mins paid.
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a leading integrated service provider of bespoke recycling solutions for Paper, Cardboard, Plastics, Glass, Wood, Cans.
They offer a comprehensive range of services including compacting equipment, storage containment and a collection service via our fleet of vehicles for processing at one of our Material Recycling Facilities (MRF) based in St Albans, Luton and Milton Keynes.
Currently the Group is expanding its operations in St Albans and due expansion they are looking for Shift Maintenance Fitter to join their team.
Working closely with the management team, it will be your role to keep the plant fully operational, through daily maintenance of all the fixed plant, including but not exhaustive, Balers, Screeners, Picking lines and Materials Recovery plant. The site is operating from 06:00 to 23:00 hours 6 days a week and it is essential that maintenance is completed outside of working hours to maximise production.
Experienced with -
- Hydraulics, Pumps and lifting equipment
- Electrics, Basic electrical experience
- Conveyors and Electrical motors and Gearboxes
- Managerial Skills (preferably) as you will be working with an apprentice on the shift.
Ability to work without supervisor and problem solve are essentials.
The basic role will to be-
- Check all the fixed plant and make repairs as required so that all plant is in working order for the following days operations.
- Provide preventative maintenance plan for Plant
- Service equipment to scheduled service requirements
- Set up and manage routine maintenance of the plant
- Keep a stock of all wear and tear parts
- Provide detailed list of parts to be ordered
- Ensure all Health and Safety devices are in place and working
- Complete any repair maintenance as require by management
- Brief and De-brief management/Supervisors on a daily basis
- Complete job cards and Job sheets daily
- Liaise with other staff member regarding daily issues to be resolved.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Heavy Goods Vehicle Technician, HGV Technician, HGV Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Ancillary Equipment Maintenance, Vehicle Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support, Maintenance Engineer, Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance, Ancillary Equipment Engineer, Maintenance Support Technician, Maintenance Support Engineer, Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic, Repairs Technician, HGV Maintenance Mechanic, Ancillary Equipment Technician, Maintenance Mechanic, HGV Vehicle Technician, Vehicle Maintenance, Ancillary Equipment Repairs, Heavy Goods Vehicle Engineer may also be considered for this role.
- Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Technician
- HGV Technician
- HGV Engineer
- Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance
- Maintenance Support
- Heavy Goods Vehicle Technician
- Ancillary Equipment Maintenance
- Vehicle Maintenance Engineer