Shift Maintenance Engineer BLUS62245
Our client is the UK’s leading independent concrete building product manufacturer.
They are now looking for a Shift Maintenance Engineer to join them at their production site in Great Heck, Goole.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and working within the current Operations Team of Mechanical and Electrical trades, the Shift Maintenance Engineer holds responsibility for engineering support on production based activity such as; breakdown repair work, routine and scheduled preventative maintenance.
You will also:
• Autonomously manage maintenance activity within the team
• Report / plan fault rectification and maintenance scheduling
• Provide breakdown support / cover during production operations
• Provide routine / preventative maintenance during none production times
• Perform Mechanical & Electrical fault finding and repair work, including hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Perform reconditioning / overhaul work of production components
• Perform basic fabrication tasks
• Manage spare part availability
What they are looking for:
• An apprentice trained tradesperson qualified to HNC or time experienced similar competence
• Previous industrial experience in mechanical or electrical competence in an industrial application
• Sound knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical control systems would be advantageous
• Ability to read engineering drawings, hydraulic / pneumatic schedules and electrical drawings
• Experience in fundamental electrical process control systems
• Offer a flexible approach to all work based activities
• Flexibility to perform overtime as dictated by the nature of operations
This role is for 40 hours per week plus overtime following 3 shift patterns; 06:00 - 14:00, 14:00 - 22:00 and 22:00 - 06:00.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job