Shift Maintenance Electrician
What's on offer
- Full time permanent role
- Shift Pattern:
Week 1: Tuesday - Thursday, 12-hour nights
Week 2: Tuesday - Thursday, 12-hour days and Friday, 8-hour day
- £34,000 per annum
- Opportunity for overtime
- Training opportunities
- Collaborative team environment
- Scope for advancement
- To provide a cost-effective breakdown, repair and preventative maintenance service to the business.
- To reduce downtime, improve plant performance and reliability by identifying and implementing engineering solutions.
- To participate as an active member of the team. · To work in a safe and orderly manner.
- To minimise plant downtime.
- To diagnose and remedy equipment/plant faults.
- Ensure all breakdowns are carried out constructively and accurately.
- Ensure that all parts required are booked out correctly and recorded as necessary. · Carry out planned preventative maintenance tasks.
- Practise continuous improvement, innovation and pro-activeness for improved ways of working offering possible solutions to problems encountered wherever possible
- Work closely with production to achieve production needs. · To comply with company procedures.
- To work under own initiative with minimal supervision.
- To have due regard to financial implications of actions taken.
- To ensure H&S & Environmental procedures & authorisations are adhered to.
- To carry out all necessary IT based & manual recording tasks relevant to the operation of the department.
- Facilitate lean ways of working to minimise waste and maximise efficiency, ensuring departmental housekeeping objectives are achieved.
Knowledge / Experience
- BTEC qualified in an electrical engineering discipline and/or relevant time serviced experience, training or certification.
- At least 3 years' experience within a medium to heavy manufacturing environment, although other modern industrial environments would be considered.
- Can demonstrate a good hands-on knowledge of electrical and PLC control systems. PLC programming experience not essential.
- Experience with working with 3-phase motor and variable speed drive systems. · Mechanical experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in the use of overhead cranes and slinging techniques, but not essential. · Experience in the use of Forklift Trucks, but not essential.
- Good fault finding and problem-solving skills, coupled together with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to understand and produce engineering drawings.
- General knowledge of health and safety standards and the ability to carry out on the job risk assessments.
- Good organisational and decision-making skills. · Ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team. · Self-motivated, Pro-active and reliable. · Strong attention to detail.
- Forward thinking.
- Progressive attitude towards training.
- IT Literate (Able to input work and times into a front-line maintenance system). · Good verbal, listening & written communication skills.
Please apply here or call Adecco Sheffield on for more information.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
- 18th edition
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'