Shift Maintenance Controls Engineer - Witney
Stewart Milne Group provides innovative solutions for commercial developments and residential homes through our Homes, Timber Systems and Commercial Developments across the UK. We have a strong reputation for high quality and innovation with a market leading position based on our expertise, quality and commitment to providing the best service to our customers. We attract individuals who enjoy a solutions focussed working environment based on continuous personal development and supportive leadership.
Our Timber Systems division is the leading provider of Timber Frame construction solution to the Private, Social / Affordable and Commercial/ public works sectors. We operate throughout the United Kingdom and have two manufacturing plants, Witney, Oxfordshire and Aberdeen, Scotland, with regional offices in Glasgow and Manchester.
We have a reputation for being awarded repeat business from key clients based on customer service and technical expertise and have successfully delivered projects ranging from £50k to £5m throughout the UK. Our product range includes for bespoke engineered solutions from traditional Timber Frame through to advanced off site manufactured products with superior fabric performance.
Reporting to the UK Maintenance Manager, you will be a key member of the manufacturing team, ensuring optimum output from plant & equipment by managing and implementing planned preventative maintenance programmes while ensuring all equipment meets health & safety requirements and legislation.
In keeping with the specific importance given to Health & Safety and the Environment by Stewart Milne Group you have specific accountabilities as set out in our Corporate Responsibility for Health & Safety and Environmental Policy.
We will offer you the chance to develop your skills further through our performance management process giving you the opportunity to progress your career either within the Timber Systems Division or across other Divisions within the Group.
- Ensure all plant, equipment & facilities are maintained to an optimum and safe operating condition, fully compliant with Health & Safety Legislation including LOLER, PUWER and the HASAW.
- In close liaison with planning and production departments, ensure schedules for service and maintenance of plant, equipment and facilities are aligned to current and forecast production requirements.
- Assist UK Maintenance Manager in developing and maintaining accurate financial budget for service and maintenance. Also assist in analysing current equipment against future requirements and develop capital justification for new equipment or modification.
- Develop and implement effective processes using the CMMS system to ensure accurate recording of service and breakdown history, identifying, and reporting to the UK Maintenance Manager any areas of risk mitigation and continuous improvement.
- Co-ordinate, in liaison with the UK Maintenance Manager, maintenance activities of contractors, ensuring they are fully aware of our health & safety processes and procedures and operate inline with the company's approved contractor policy.
- Adhere at all times to our safety and quality management systems.
- Proactively liaise with other departments, including production staff, and provides ideas for improving production processes and equipment.
- Acts as building custodian, and main key holder for 'out of hours' emergency and security issues.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Time-served Engineer from Elec or Mech background with strong fault finding and Controls/Software skills.
- Experience of working with various types of PLC control systems, and PC based controls, including legacy systems.
- Experience of using and developing SCADA systems and HMI programming to provide visualisation and status updating of production equipment.
- Demonstrate ability as a proactive Controls and Maintenance Engineer in a mixed Controls/Elec/Mech role.
- Experience with Industrial data connectivity and OPC solutions such as Kepware.
- Experience in implementing scheduled software patch updates to industrial PC's and monitoring for subsequent issues.
- Ability to act as the interface between company IT support teams and Maintenance, to resolve data/communication issues between physical/virtual servers and process equipment.
- Understanding of data networks utilising Fibre and UTP/STP cable solutions.
- Co-ordination and management of sub-contracted technical service contracts.
- Ability to schedule and carry out planned maintenance work to local PC's/PLC's and Controls related equipment, Assist in development of, carryout tasks and monitor an effective PPM system using a CMMS package .
- Familiar with Servo drives and Frequency Inverters to control process motor speeds.
- Experience of using/programming Industrial Robots and associated controls systems.
- Ability to plan, develop and implement facility upgrades to Plant/Equipment/Machinery
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group. If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email