Shift Leader - Continental Shift (Days/ Nights) - City of London - Brand New Building - Up to £50,000 + Overtime
I am currently recruiting for an amazing opportunity to work for a large service provider based at a brand new critical building based in the City of London. This position is ideal for an experienced shift leader who is looking for an exciting new opportunity. The successful candidate should have an exceptional career history within corporate building services and also be willing to further develop their career.
Hours of work
Continental Shift (Days/ Nights) - 07:00 - 19:00/ 19:00 - 07:00
Key duties & responsibilities
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance & Reactive maintenance is carried out to all client assets through operation of Planned Preventative Maintenance System.
- Ensure that sub-contractors perform to meet the requirement of the contract Administer sub contractor work approvals and safe operation while repair or service is carried out on site
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are completed in the form of job sheets
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, reviewed and utilised for all tasks (PPM's and reactive) carried out to ensure safe working practices.
- To maintain & develop good client relationships.
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate, including the utilisation of the shift engineers to ensure the task is suitably completed.
- To undertake annual appraisals of your shift engineers
- To ensure the shift team are suitably skilled and trained, and appropriate training plans are drafted and impalement
- To ensure the shift engineers are undertaking work tasks as directed and with suitable H&S awareness/impalement
- City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering Parts 1 & 2 - Essential
- City & Guilds 17th Edition Wiring Regs - Desirable
- Pressure Systems - Desirable
- HNC/ HND Mechanical Engineering - Desirable
- Air Conditioning qualifications (Not essential)
- Good Communication Skills
- Multi-Skilled - Mechanical / Electrical Knowledge of UPS / Generators / Power Distribution / HVAC
- Good Leadership & Management skills
- Salary up to £50,000
- 20 shift days holiday
- OT Available
- Training and development
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.