Shift Leader - Data Centre - East London/Essex - Continental Shift - Up to 48K
Have you experience of working in the critical data centre environment?
Are you looking for a fresh start?
If so please read on...
One of the UK's leading M&E service providers are currently looking to recruit a shift leader for a brand new data centre based in East London / Essex.
Applicants for this role must be able to demonstrate a proven track record working within a critical, data centre or banking environment crucially with City & Guilds 236 Parts 1 & 2 and 17th Edition.
The ideal candidate must also be HV authorised.
The position will be working a continental shift pattern and will applicants must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of all critical building services plant including UPS systems, generators, air conditioning, refrigeration, server rooms, lighting and power.
Duties for the role are as follows:
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance & Reactive maintenance is carried out to all client assets through operation of Planned Preventative Maintenance System.
- Managing the shift team of two engineers.
- Dealing with hands on work when needed.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- To carry out routine quality checks on workforce activities, record keeping and general housekeeping.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are completed in the form of job sheets.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, reviewed and utilised for all tasks (PPMs and reactive) carried out to ensure safe working practices.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- City & Guilds 236 Part 1 & 2.
- 17th Edition.
- A proven track record in Building Maintenance working within a Critical site (i.e. commercial/blue chip /banking)
- Good Communication Skills.
- Multi-Skilled - Mechanical / Electrical knowledge of UPS / Generators / Power Distribution.
- Good Leadership & Management skills.
- HV Authorised.
- 20 days holiday.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.