Prospect Personnel are working with a world leading manufacturer in their search for a shift leader to complete their newly structured production team in Banbury.
This is a new position within the company that offers opportunities for development and progression for the right person.
You will supervise a team of approx 15 staff within the Injection Moulding department to ensure the smooth running of the production process and train the staff to maximise potential output. The role will work on a 3 shift rotational system which will include night shifts.
Working within the set KPI's and compliance with the company health & safety procedure you will be responsible for:
- Meet production requirements in accordance with forecasted demand levels
- Have direct responsibility for the performance of your shift while also ensuring that waste is kept to a minimum
- Ensure availability of materials to the automated production line
- Work with all functions to identify and manage issues and drive improvements
- Ensure all stock transactions are accurate within the system
- Conduct daily briefing sessions prior to the shift start
- Ensure the cells are appropriately resourced so that production targets are achieved in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide a concise and clear handover to the next shift leader ensuring priorities are captured and problems highlighted
- Support and motivate the team to work efficiently to meet production demand
- Develop team competence through continuous development
- Manage and report on sickness and absence
- Manage company KPI's
- Carry out disciplinary procedures in line with company policies
- Ensure that the team and work areas are in a safe condition at all times, complying with statutory and Company Health and Safety Executive (HSE) regulations
- Coordinate with other departments in daily production meetings to meet production demands
You should have previous experience in a similar position within a manufacturing environment and previous experience within injection moulding is not essential but preferred. You will also be highly self-motivated, demonstrating passion and a can-do attitude.
Fantastic company benefits are offered with this role including up to 8% pension and 25 days holiday
- Health Safety
- Injection Molding
- Team Leader
- Production Managers