Our client based in Oxford are currently recruiting for a Shift Leader Chef to join their team in a permanent position for Monday 16th April.
As Shift Leader Chef you will assist the Sous, Senior Sous and Head Chef in the production of meals and functions. You will also be expected to lead the catering team, to include Kitchen Porters and General Assistants, in their absence; this will typically be on evening shutdown when you will assume the role of catering management cover.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare and present food to a high standard and quality
- To ensure that the operation complies with all current Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations and any additional requirements laid down by the Dragon School Trust
- Provide assistance to the Sous, Senior Sous Chef and Head Chef with functions and other arranged events
- Lead the catering team in the Sous, Senior Sous and Head Chefs absence
- Provide assistance to the Catering Manager or department in any area that is suited to your experience or skill set
- Assist in the implantation of all COSHH, Food Safety, Health & Safety and HACCP Regulations; training will be given
- When directed, to undertake requests outside of this job description i.e. in times of staff shortages or function work; this may also include working front of house
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Maintain cleanliness, hygiene and safety in the kitchen
- Record production and operational data on specified forms
- Qualified Chef with a recognisable training provider for example 706/1 & 706/2 or NVQ equivalent
- Food Safety Qualification
- Health & Safety Qualification
- To have worked within a large catering team
- Excellent spoken, written and listening English skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation and demonstrate a willingness to work within strict Heath & Hygiene regimes
- Full understanding of food controls and food production
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating the quality of the goods you produce
- Evidence of working successfully as a member of a team
- A breadth of appropriate catering experience
- Ability to be adaptable and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate, both written and orally
- To be an effective and positive team member
- Working under pressure and with competing priorities
- Flexible approach to work rotas, should the need arise be available at short notice and unsociable hours/weekends, etc.
Pay and Working Hours:
- Salary: £21,860
- Hours: 40 hours per week (including some weekends)
- Holiday entitlement: 5.6 weeks paid to be taken during school holiday and as directed by the Catering Manager
The client requires CV’s prior to arranging interviews.
Please be aware this role does not start until Monday 16th April
If you think you are suitable for the role, please click 'Apply.
- Food Safety