The Chiltern Firehouse is an André Balazs Property, a 5 star luxury, 26 bedroom boutique hotel in Marylebone, London. The first property in Europe for André Balazs Properties, which include The Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles and The Mercer in New York. The award winning Chiltern Firehouse Restaurant is a dining destination in London headed by Michelin Starred Chef Nuno Mendes. What are we looking for? We have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance/Shift Engineer to join our Engineering team. Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Engineering you will carry out all maintenance requests in regards to the following areas - E&M (including AHU's, FCU's & Split Units) some Painting, Decorating (although we have a dedicated painter and decorator), Plumbing, Carpentry, Plaster repair, Tiling.
A day in the life of a Shift Engineer also includes:
- Carry out all PPM schedules including fire alarm testing, water hygiene, emergency light testing and HVAC etc. as pre planned by the Assistant Manager of Engineering
- Have the capacity to diagnose faults relating to the BMS or any other electrical systems.
- Actively deal with any breakdowns, liaising with contractors as necessary.
- Engineering covers the building 24/7 and we operate shifts of 2 Days, 2 Nights, 4 Days off in a fixed pattern which offers good stability with an opportunity to sometimes work additional shifts should the opportunity arise and should you wish to attract overtime payments.
Personal and Customer Service Qualities:
Here at The Firehouse we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service to our guests as well as working closely with all other teams within the hotel.
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- You will champion our outstanding levels of customer service.
- You will have experience working in a high end hospitality environment or similar customer facing role.
You will be paid a competitive salary with additional training opportunities provided for suitable candidates.
What’s in it for you?
- Very attractive pay package
- Clear career progression
- Generous staff discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff meals on duty
Due the high volume of applicants, if you have not heard from us within 7 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Eligibility: In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job