We are looking to recruit a Shift Engineer to join a well established and rapidly growing food manufacturing company in Bedfordshire.
The ideal Shift Engineer will have a keen eye for detail, have a proven track record in problem solving and be able to work as part of a team to improve overall efficiency of plant machinery.
The company are a market leader in their field and specialise in manufacturing products that are seen on shelves across all the major retailers. They are part of a larger group with an impressive turnover.
We are interested in you if you have one of the following skills and experiences,
- Previous experience as a Multi-skilled Engineer within the food or FMCG industry
- Experience of improving plant efficiencies and reducing downtime
- Reactive and PPM maintenance
- PLC fault finding
- Electrical and mechanical breakdowns
We are also interested in hearing from you if you have one of the following qualifications,
- Recognised engineering qualifications (NVQ/BTEC/City & Guilds/HNC)
- Time-served apprenticeship in Engineering
- IEE wiring regulation accreditation
- Knowledge of CMMS systems
- PLC training courses
The role attracts an attractive salary of £41,000, with 25 days holidays and 5 banks holidays, overtime rates at 1.5 times hourly rate. The shift pattern is a 4 week rotating shift consisting of one week of days, one week of lates, one week of nights and then a week of days Sunday - Wednesday 6am - 4pm.
The role will be challenging and test the skills of the very best engineers, however if you are passionate about engineering and would like to join highly reputable company with fantastic career progression then this role is definitely for you.