Shift Maintenance Engineer
PURPOSE OF JOB
Working as part of the Engineering team, the role will be responsible for the day to day routine maintenance of the plant equipment and primarily responsible to breakdowns events of both mechanical and electrical nature.
- Assisting with fault finding and repair-implementing root cause corrective actions.
- Understanding machine drawings, user manuals and machine schematics.
- Undertaking TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance) tasks and proactively seeking to promote improvements of the TPM process.
- Maintain daily maintenance logs detailing work completed. Reports to be supplied to the Maintenance manager on a daily basis and send out shift reports to internal departments.
- Training of production personnel to further improve their skill levels of basic machine maintenance and machine set-up procedures.
- Must be able to pro-actively manage workload to minimise impact on production schedules.
- Work with minimal supervision - the post holder is expected to be fully conversant with all aspects of maintenance and safety procedures.
- It is expected that the post holder be flexible to meet the company's needs; this may require overtime at short notice to complete breakdowns/TPM.
- Contact with suppliers to develop machine improvements/spare parts enhancements/reverse engineering projects.
- Make autonomous decisions on urgent breakdowns where external assistance is required and coordinate these out of business hour events e.g. fire systems, alarm systems, plant services and urgent facility events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Relevant Engineering qualification/apprenticeship
- Basic MS Office experience
- Multi skilled mechanical and electrical engineer
If you are seeking an exciting role within a leading organisation, then please click on the link to apply or contact Ed Smith - or call .
- preventative maintenance
- Multi skilled maintenance engineer
- Breakdown repairs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job