Reporting to: Site Supervisor
Overview of the role:
A dedicated shift engineer working as part of the resident engineering team on our customer's new Automated Warehouse system in Preston. Lancashire.
- Undertake breakdown maintenance of site automation as required (OSR system, Conveyors, SDA, TDA, Bagging machines, Photographic stations sortation ramps and all other equipment.
- Carry out PPM of automation equipment and first line fixes of facilities equipment
- Complete breakdown reports and shift logs including any issues arising on shift which may have or had an effect on the performance of the site equipment and / or the maintenance department using the CMMS
- Liaise with the customer operation to ensure workload is prioritised correctly
- Undertake, improvement, repairs and modifications
- Assist in project installation work including cost reduction activities
- Learn company administrative procedures, and how to complete worksheets, time sheets etc
- Any other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of this role
- Hold a ONC / BTEC or City and Guilds in appropriate subjects Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of programmable logic controls (PLC's) ideally Siemens S7 may be advantageous but is not essential.
- 17th Edition IEE wiring qualification would also be advantageous
- To be a competent and supportive team member and an independent self-motivated worker
- Self-motivated and a proactive approach to problem solving is essential
- Ability to learn and develop on the job
- Ability to work under pressure
- Capacity to work as part of a team and as an individual
- Meeting of agreed performance and targets set
- Ability to work shifts and flexible hours
To apply for this Shift Engineer vacancy please submit an update CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.
- preventative maintenance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job