Easy access from Chepstow, Monmouth, Gloucester
Yolk Engineering & Technical is working with this leading manufacturing business and local employer of choice in the recruitment of a Shift Electrician, a rewarding role offering a generous salary, ongoing skills development and career progression opportunities.
You'll work a 4 on (2 days, 2 nights) 4 off shift pattern with 18 days holiday every 7 rotations, providing preventative maintenance / electrical breakdown service.
You’ll provide a comprehensive maintenance / electrical breakdown service and carry out work according to the planned preventative maintenance schedule, including:
- Motor brush replacement and set up.
- Replace, dismantle and repair AC and DC motors, including cleaning, changing brushes, replacing bearings and couplings, and testing.
- Install, repair and test lighting systems.
- Investigate and rectify faults in portable hand equipment.
- The diagnosis, location and rectification of faults such as short circuiting, overheating, maladjustment or failure of devices.
- Installing, repairing servicing and testing of medium voltage and low voltage power systems, including diesel engine starting, automatic sequence controls, AC and DC medium voltage machines and generators.
- Servicing and repair of equipment used on cranes and lifts e.g. safety devices, control and protective devices.
- Adjustment and alignment of electrical and magnetic contact surfaces in circuit breakers and contactor gear.
- Adjustment of electrical rotating machines such as correct alignment of transmissions, drives and radial clearances, and equalisation of air gaps.
- Fault finding on and repair of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Repair of OHT cranes, compressors and other ancillary equipment.
To be successful candidate must possess the following:
- A formal technical qualification in Electrical Engineering and be familiar with the 17th Edition IEE Regulations
- Knowledge of working with motor control, instrumentation, PLC’s and modern drives systems
Benefits include a 5% stakeholder pension and unlimited opportunity to train and develop your skills, and while not an essential requirement there are very realistic career development opportunities ahead for those who are keen to advance their careers.
Interviews are available NOW. If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role APPLY NOW. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
- Electrical Engineering
- IEEE standards
- Motor Control
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- System Testing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job