SQS is looking for a SHEQ Manager.
Since 1995, Stanmore Quality Surfacing Ltd has been providing high quality reinstatement and highways maintenance services. The company now operates across the whole of London and the South East of England from our head office in North London.
Overall purpose of the SHEQ Manager job:
To assist the SHEQ Director to manage occupational Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality across the business including the depots and at Operations work sites. To ensure that the company’s SHEQ management system remains appropriate to its activities and compliant with legislative requirements. The job holder should encourage innovation and strive to continually improve SHEQ across the business.
- To assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and safe systems of work applicable to the Company’s activities.
- Ensure that the SHEQ strategy is adhered to at all times
- To help set realistic strategic and tactical SHEQ objectives (KPI’s) that will provide focus for the team’s activities in deciding priorities.
- To carry out investigations for injury and other reported events including near misses, compile factual, concise reports identifying causes and agreed actions to prevent recurrence.
- To monitor SHEQ data compiled from injury and other reported events also hazard and near miss data and compile reports detailing trends, system improvements and corrective actions.
- Undertake audits and inspections to demonstrate compliance with company systems, standards clauses and legislative requirements and using the data compilereports detailing trends, system improvements and corrective actions.
- Carry out depot inspections and compile reports for review by the Head of SHEQ and the responsible contract manager. Compile and manage improvement plans where necessary to ensure that SQS Depots are compliant with legislation and are a safe place of work for all.
- Ensure that weekly and monthly reports for SQS and clients as detailing injury rates, event and audit trends, waste data and the results of analysis undertaken.
- Assist with the delivery of SHEQ improvement, awareness and competence programmes.
- Attend and participate in SQS and Client meetings as required.
- Conduct SHEQ training sessions for staff throughout SQS which includes all levels of employees
- All other job-related duties as assigned.
- Day to Day SHEQ Cover across the SPN, LPN and SGN contracts and joint cover of Term Maintenance where locations coincide.
- Build and maintain relationships with the client’s safety departments
- Attend safety meetings sharing ideas and common learning
- Undertake joint audits sharing analysis from findings.
- Support the contract Reinstatement Managers in fulfilling their roles and responsibilities
- Support the teams ensuring compliance’ identifying training requirements and helping resolve SHEQ issues.
- Support the contract Reinstatement Manager by assisting in the preparation and clarity of site information instruction packs
- Monitoring and auditing the team’s ensuring compliance Sharing and jointly investigating events and audit findings.
- Support and assist when required sharing the findings of audits carried out on the SPN, LPN and SGN contract along with information and good practices that may contribute to fulfilling the contract client requirements.
- Report Writing
- Technical Audits
- Safety Meetings