A leading international logistics company is seeking a Health & Safety 'change agent' to engage senior stakeholders and warehouse operatives to turnaround safety culture at one of their Greater Manchester sites. This is a great opportunity for you to take ownership over a new role and to work in a thriving safety team. This is initially a single site role, but will include two additional sites as the role progresses.
- Managing safety within a warehouse/logistics facility including
- Promotion and implementation of safety culture
- Risk Assessment and Safe Systems of Work
- Policy development
Safety Briefs and meetings
Production and presentation of company safety inductions
Safety Conversations with staff including drivers
Managing facilities including budget, arrangement of all repairs and statutory maintenance
Office, warehouse and yard safety audits and corrective and preventative actions
Promotion of Near Miss and Hazard Reporting
Co-ordination of maintenance including dilapidation
- Health & Safety experience in a warehousing environment.
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5.
- OHSAS 18001 experience or qualification.
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 desirable.
- Experience working using 5S methodology desirable.
Job reference: MR11913