Hayley Group is the largest independent distributor of engineering products and consumables in the United Kingdom. They are an equal opportunities employer, currently employing over 1,000 people, who continue to be a cornerstone of their business and are fundamental to providing industry-leading customer service.
As part of their ongoing expansion they now require an SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment, Quality) Assistant reporting to the Group SHEQ Advisor and coordinating & monitoring the implementation of the Company's Health and Safety policy. The position ensures that Hayley Group comply with the requirements of legislation by monitoring contractor SHEQ compliance, attend and report at safety meetings and ensure statutory and regulatory compliance by conducting site audits.
The SHEQ Assistant coordinates and participates in the investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses and audit.
The SHEQ Assistant monitors the implementation of Safe Work Procedures and maintains and updates all relevant SHEQ department administrative duties.
Task and Responsibilities
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Conduct internal audits on the SHEQ Management system
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations
- Provide SHEQ improvement proposals, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan of implementation on NCRs issued.
- Follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensure that requirements are complied with.
- Investigation and Corrective Actions Reporting
- Compile and submit investigation reports
- Provide detailed audit reports with findings. Identify non-conformities and provide corrective action measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Monitor and review that corrective measures has been implemented.
- Assist in developing all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the SHEQ Management System to be compliant with ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Conscientious and responsible
- Proficient in MS Office
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
To apply for this role please send your CV via this jobsite.
Please note that your CV will be forwarded to Hayley Group who will be in touch with you directly if they are interested in pursuing your application
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'