SQS is looking for a SHEQ Advisor.
Since 1995, Stanmore Quality Surfacing Ltd has been providing high quality reinstatement and highways maintenance services. The company now operates across the whole of London and the South East of England from our head office in North London.
Overall purpose of the SHEQ Advisor job:
To assist the Head of SHEQ to manage occupational Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality across the business including the depots and at Operations work sites. To ensure that the company’s SHEQ management system remains appropriate to its activities and compliant with legislative requirements. The job holder should encourage innovation and strive to continually improve SHEQ across the business.
- To assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and safe systems of work applicable to the Company’s activities.
- To deputise for the SHEQ manager during periods of absence
- To help set realistic strategic and tactical SHEQ objectives that will provide focus for the team’s activities in deciding priorities.
- To carry out investigations for injury and other reported events including near misses, compile factual, concise reports identifying causes and agreed actions to prevent recurrence.
- To monitor SHEQ data compiled from injury and other reported events also hazard and near miss data and compile reports detailing trends, system improvements and corrective actions.
- Undertake audits and inspections to demonstrate compliance with company systems, standards clauses and legislative requirements and using the data compile reports detailing trends, system improvements and corrective actions.
- Compile weekly and monthly reports for SQS and clients as detailing injury rates, event and audit trends, waste data and the results of analysis undertaken.
- Assist with the delivery of SHEQ improvement, awareness and competence programmes.
- Attend and participate in SQS and Client meetings as required.
- Conduct SHEQ training sessions for staff throughout SQS which includes all levels of employees
- All other job-related duties as assigned.
- Report Writing
- Technical Audits