Job Title: SHEQ ADVISOR
Location: LARKHILL, WILTSHIRE
Reports to: HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
Key Purpose of the Role:
- To provide health, safety, environmental and quality advice and support to the projects and undertake assurance checks of compliance to statutory and procedural compliance.
- Responsible and accountable to the Health and Safety lead you will be expected to assist the project teams in assurance checking and other health and safety related support functions as required by the Health and Safety Lead
Your primary task will be to:
- Liaise with the ADCW project teams, the Client and Trade Contractors representatives to raise and resolve non-conformities review and monitor rectification
- Monitor work activities and management system processes to ensure compliance to statutory and ADCW SHEQ Management System is achieved
- Co-operate with the review of the ADCW SHEQ Management Systems and assist in the management of the system to ensure statutory and best practice compliance.
- Assist the Project Directors with review of CMP on a maximum 3 monthly basis.
- Ensure project Base Line Risk Assessments are current.
- Manage the reporting of adverse events in line with statutory provisions and ADCW procedures and ensure reports are closed out in a timely fashion
- Ensure all emergency response provisions are adequate and manage the undertaking of exercises to measure adequacy and compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Health and Safety report and Capture
- Assist in the identification and delivery of Health and Safety related training through the training matrix and CMP
Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a construction environment.
- Likely to have 2-5 years' business experience, be a minimum part-qualified professional, and have a Certificate Level of Qualification as a minimum.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of the business.
- A practical, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to show initiative and pay attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills.
These roles are for circa 12 months duration and we are looking for people with around 2-3 years' construction site experience (inspectorate level rather than management level).
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'