This is a new and challenging role within the Infrastructure team, the role will involve Networking, VMWare, Server work, active monitoring and the occasional working away from the office. This role will assist with the day-to-day tasks on the infrastructure team for incidents that are logged through the ICT ticketing system and occasional project work. This role will also involve an escalation point for the field engineers and service desk. Experience in an existing Infrastructure role is essential
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The role and principal goals of the ICT Infrastructure Engineer are to:
– Manage and support the Cygnet Health Care’s Active Directory Services including:
– Developing network resources for Cygnet Users such as departmental drives, ward drives and DFS file shares.
– Manage Group Policy and security access to network resources including management of Data Flow within the Network to ensure that only authorised personnel have access to the correct resources.
– Group policy Management in a multisite and multi-domain environment
– Liaising with the ICT Support Function on a daily basis providing third line server and infrastructure support to aide in the resolution of support tickets.
– Manage and administer:
– DHCP and DNS services.
– Microsoft WSUS Servers.
– Printer servers and services.
– Enterprise class Microsoft Exchange Platform (20132016)
– Manage and support server application stacks for Cygnets’ application services including:
- HR System.
- Electronic Patient Care Records System.
- Accounting systems.
- Incident Reporting System
- Pro-active monitoring using SolarWinds
– Assist with the management and administration of:
- Telecoms Systems.
- Hosted services.
- End point security platforms including AV and encryption.
– Perform advanced monitoring and reporting of network systems to ensure system integrity, scheduling and carrying out routine maintenance of all the servers and network hardware including Updates and Service Packs.
– Monitor and document vendor/3rd party support activities.
– Assist in the administration of other data, server and security systems as dictated by service needs.
– Assist with the management of Physical Backup Routines.
– Assist with the management and support of Cygnets’ VMware Virtual Infrastructure.
– Assist with the management and support of Cygnets’ data storage systems and services.
– Take ownership of server, infrastructure and network development projects as directed by line management.
– Assume the role of Senior Infrastructure Manager in their absence and oversea day to day running of services and project development work.
– Provide third line technical support for network and server infrastructure.
– Assist with the management of switching and routing infrastructure.
– Assist in the deployment and maintenance of virtual infrastructure solutions based on a VMware platform.
– Manage storage activity such as planning, installation, operation and maintenance of storage systems, switches and other hardware.
– Create and maintain documentation related to:
- System configuration
- Application configuration
- Network infrastructure both logical and physical including diagrams and plans
- Service records and audits
– Ensure that the network infrastructure is fit for purpose and capable of supporting implementation of the Disaster Recovery and Security plans.
– Liaise with external third parties, support companies and consultants providing services to the business.
– Manage and troubleshoot the Group switching and routing infrastructure including:
- MPLS WAN services.
- CISCO Firewalls, Switches and Routers.
– Coordinate, promote and participate in partnership working within the ICT Team across all Cygnet sites.
– Provide and promote high levels of customer care to Cygnet network users.
Essential Technology Experience
- Windows Server 2088R22012R22016
- Exchange 20132016
- VMWare 5.5 and later
- SAN solutions (Nimble, Synology, Equalogic)
- CISCO switching, routing and security (ASA)
- VEEAM B&R
- ADDS (Multi-siteMulti-domain), DNS, DHCP, file, print, DFS, Group Policy Management
- Advanced PowerShell scripting
- Windows 78.110
- WAN Technologies
- Advanced management and monitoring solutions
- SQL (2008 or newer) system Management
- Trend AV management
The hospital is one mile from Sheffield city centre and Sheffield train station. There is free on-site parking for staff.
For more information about Cygnet Hospital Sheffield and its services, please visit the main Cygnet Health Care website.