We are recruiting for a Sheet Metal Worker in the Burnley area. This is a permanent job opportunity.
As a Sheet Metal Worker you will need to have:
- You must have excellent MIG and TIG welding experience especially with welding Stainless Steel to an extremely high standard
- You must be Time Served - Qualified to City & Guilds Parts 1,2 & 3 in Fabrication and Welding (or equivalent NVQ)
- You will be able to take measurements/mark out, drill/cut materials to size by burning, disc cutting or by machine
- You will need experience in metal dressing to a high standard (grinding, sanding and polishing.)
- You must be able to independently read engineering drawings and work with minimal supervision.
- You must own your own hand tools
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in working with Stainless steel , you must also be fully conversant in light to medium fabrications
- You must also be skilled in operating general sheet metal hand power tools and machines.
Details of Sheet Metal Worker job
Salary:£11.50 an hour
Working Hours : Monday to Friday day shift (7.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and Fridays 7.30am to 12.30pm)
Role of a Sheet Metal Worker
- Sheet metal work and fabrication in various gauge metals(light to medium). You will be fabricating various stainless steel, aluminium and mild steel products
- MIG and TIG welding
- Cutting and folding and other metal forming techniques.
- Interpreting engineering drawings of varying quality and intelligibility.
- Work to deadlines
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Be prepared to learn new skills.
If you are interested in the above Sheet Metal Worker role please click apply.
- Sheet Metal Worker