Sheet Metal Fabricator
RHH Franks (New Milton) Limited are currently recruiting for a Sheet Metal Fabricator to join their growing team.
As a proactive and competent member of the Company you will be responsible for the fabrication and final fitting of multiple parts to ensure internal and customer demands are met.
Main responsibilities include:
- The fabrication, assembly and occasional repair of sheet metal products and equipment such as ducts, pipe work, assemblies and air frame parts - mainly light gauge aluminium and stainless steel.
- Work may include:
o Setting up and operating fabricating machines;
o Use of hand tools to cut, bend and straighten sheet metal;
o Shaping metal over blocks or forms using hammer;
o Inspecting, assembling and smoothing seams and joints of welded, brazed or burred surfaces.
- The role may involve assembly fitting to complete units or sub-assemblies, using various tools and/or special equipment, bonding point preparation, the use of bonding products or adhesives, riveting and wire locking.
- Minimum 4 year sheet metal/fabrication apprenticeship or the ability to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of machines, tools, including use, repair and maintenance.
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to the organisation’s ever changing requirements are a priority.
- Self motivated with a drive for results and continual improvement.
- The role requires physical activity including lifting.
This is a full time permanent position, based at our main site on Gore Road Industrial Estate.
Working hours are 07:45 till 16:15 Monday-Thursday, 07:45 till 12:45 on Fridays.
Salary: £13-£16 per hour depending on experience.
RHH Franks (New Milton) Limited specialise in the manufacture of a wide variety of aerospace components including heat exchangers, water extractors and other complex or simple parts and assemblies. Established in 1961 we have over 55 years experience in sub-contract manufacturing and have outstanding Quality performance.
In-house capabilities include CNC (4 & 5 axis) machining and conventional machining, small bore tube extrusion, TIG welding, Torch and Salt dip brazing, sheet metal fabrication, heat treatments of aluminium alloys and other materials, non destructive testing (HDT & Conductivity, Penetrant), Tensile Testing and paint spraying for the Aerospace and Nuclear industries.
Holding a range of quality and special process approvals including BS EN 9100:2016/AS9100 Rev D, NADCAP accreditations including Weld (TIG), Braze (Dip & Torch), Heat Treatment, Paint and NDT (Penetrant) and numerous customer approvals including Honeywell Aerospace, Leonardo MW Ltd, GKN Aerospace, Eaton Aerospace and Cobham Defence Systems.
RHH Franks are in the process of achieving Fit 4 Nuclear, ISO 14001 Environmental and ISO 45001 Health & Safety accreditations.
- Hand Tools
- Sheet Metal
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job