Our client has an immediate requirement for a SHE Manager to join our Aberdeen Plant. You will implement, evaluate and monitor all operational activities in order to minimise risk or hazard to safety, health, security or the environment for the company’s operations in the Aberdeen Plant.
You will ensure compliance with the Local Authority Hazardous consents and statutory legislation (e.g. COMAH Regulations 2015, LOLER, PUWER,) and all relevant notifications, safety report standards and formulation of supporting documentation, offsite planning, emergency response planning and organization.
- Ensure legal compliance relevant to all applicable national regulations including COMAH. Manage the communications and interactions with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) and other regulatory agencies ensuring compliance with all notifications and requirements.
- Promote the Ecolab Goal Zero safety culture and establish strategies to ensure a safe working environment at all times. Implementation of Ecolab and the company SHE global strategies, Life Critical Policies (LCP) and initiatives relevant to the site. Develop and communicate these to engage and motivate staff in all aspects of policy and procedure application.
- Coordinate SHE compliance within the location including collection and reporting of relevant data to regulatory agencies and internal company and Ecolab functions in a timely manner.
- Minimize SHE risk within the location through working with functional teams to reduce risks in operational activities through development of associated SHE standards, operating procedures and assessments. Develop and maintain Risk and COSHH assessments; identify activities and analyze operational environmental aspects/ impacts.
- Develop and implement a continuous improvement strategy for SHE is ensuring employee engagement and participation.
- Support the Engineering function in projects and processes, e.g. Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP).
- Develop, implement and maintain SHE systems relevant to ISO9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Carry out accident/ incident and near miss investigation, monitoring and tracking of corrective and preventative actions.
- Ensure policies and strategies are in place to achieve location and regional SHE annual goals and objectives. Lead and support initiatives as necessary and report on progress as required.
- Provide advice and support to all staff in order to achieve and maintain the SHE objectives and standards. Promote SHE initiatives, improvements, developments and programs at all times.
- Establish and revise SHE procedures and guidelines and periodically review existing procedures as required. Implement industry best practices, systems and standards as relevant.
- Develop and provide SHE is training programs to all staff within the site and wider business as relevant.
- Develop close working relationships and knowledge sharing with SHE personnel and management team in the wider company and Ecolab communities.
- Support all functions on the Aberdeen site on SHE and other relevant areas.
- Demonstrate through all daily activities a personal commitment to Safety, Health and the Environment.
- Assist and liaise with customer SHE Management to meet their SHE targets and objectives.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor or higher degree level in Safety or Environmental Engineering or in other related field, e.g. Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering.
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Practical experience and/ or well-developed understanding of operating within a COMAH regulated site, preferably in a processing environment.
- Strong team orientation, self-starter and highly motivated individual.
- Practical, flexible and involved approach to providing SHE support and services at all staff levels and locations within the Eastern Hemisphere business unit.
- Proven relevant experience in similar SHE positions.
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of SHE practices, standards and general legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Office based role with an occasional requirement to audit off site or physically investigate incidents of note in the Aberdeen plant.
- Candidate should be physically fit and any known sensitivity to chemicals communicated at the point of application.