Job Title: SharePoint Consultant
Location: North of York, South of Thirsk - MUST be a driver due to location and having to travel to client site on occasion
Salary: circa £45,000 DOE + Benefits including 24 days holiday PLUS bank holidays, Pension Scheme - Contributions matched up to 5% of salary, Annual Company Bonus, Training courses and development opportunities, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Staff area with Xbox, Free onsite parking, Free fruit, regular social and fundraising events
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: PH9378
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm
This is a new role to my clients’ organisation so you will be an experienced SharePoint Consultant used to working in a customer-facing role, with the ability to translate technical language into non-technical.
As well as supporting customers you will also be responsible for picking up a bit of work on internal SharePoint-related issues.
You should be passionate about using the most effective techniques and technology stacks to solve complex problems, with the ability to understand and communicate in terms of both business needs and technical specifications.
You will need to be able to work effectively on your own to meet deadlines, liaising with project managers, account managers, product owners, creatives and developers.
The team you will be working in is a friendly, fast-paced and highly skilled technical department providing technical solutions design and delivery in a range of areas of IT including Virtualisation, O365, Mobility, Cloud and Cyber Security.
You’ll be a SharePoint specialist with experience of SharePoint Online and SharePoint Server spanning configuration and coding, and looking to challenge yourself on a diverse range of projects and requirements. You should have strong customer-facing skills, be able to understand customer requirements and suggest, design and deliver SharePoint solutions to meet their needs.
- Engaging with customers to understand business requirements and devise the most effective way of meeting those requirements
- Creating and configuring sites, services and solutions on SharePoint Online and SharePoint Server
- Designing and implementing logical and effective site structures and artefacts
- Creating, configuring and deploying SharePoint assets in a robust and repeatable way
- Designing and building workflows and workflow activities to automate business processes
- Running migrations of content from other platforms to SharePoint
- Creating client web parts and other customisations for SharePoint Online using the SharePoint Framework
- Using scripting and automation to apply updates and changes
- SharePoint Online and Office 365 (configuration and development)
- SharePoint Server 2016 or 2013 (configuration and development)
- Be able to create and configure document management assets (e.g. site columns, content types, libraries, policies)
- Be able to create and configure publishing artefacts (e.g. page layouts)
- Be able to create and configure workflows (SharePoint Designer, Visual Studio, Flow)
- Familiarity with SharePoint APIs (REST API, client object model)
- Some experience with or exposure to the SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
- Branding and theming techniques and best practices
- Understanding of deployment options (e.g. features, remote provisioning)
- Basic PowerShell
Wilde Associates is working on this role in the capacity of an Employment Agency
- Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job