Salary: Excellent Salary + Benefits & Bonus
A high performing, entrepreneurial manager/assistant manager with share schemes experience is sought to join the Mazars LLP share schemes team, sitting within the national Specialist Tax team. The role will be based at the firm’s London office at Tower Hill and will also provide specialist support to the firm’s national and international client base.
The share schemes team is involved in the creation of tax efficient and commercially focused incentive structures for all business types (from large listed corporates to owner managed entrepreneurial businesses and private equity backed businesses). Projects also include advising multi-national clients on the UK implications of equity plans and working with colleagues in Mazars’ overseas offices in relation to international plans. Work also involves employment-related security tax risk reviews and share plan health-checks and DD, as well as advice on executive termination share claw-backs and EIS advisory.
A rapidly growing client base now provides a great opportunity for a talented, proactive advisor to join the team during a period of exciting development and growth for the practice. The successful candidate will be seeking to develop a deep functional specialism in share schemes across 3 key strategic markets: Entrepreneurial Business, Large & Listed and Financial Services and be motivated to follow a career path in this specialist discipline.
Strong project management skills and keen attention to detail are essential, in addition to technical excellence, to ensure that complex solutions are delivered on budget and on a timely basis and strong communication skills are required to build rapport internally (locally, nationally and internationally), with clients and referral partners.
• ATT or CTA or newly qualified share schemes solicitor
• Sound technical knowledge with extensive experience dedicated to employees share schemes work, preferably in a large accountancy firm
• Strong drafting skills and very close eye for detail.
• Project management experience.
• Client facing skills
• Advanced Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills (for financial modelling)
• Related tax consultancy and compliance experience and wider employment tax awareness
• Managerial skills (including coaching and performance management)
• Financial modelling / share valuation / company secretarial experience / IFRS 2 reporting awareness
• Foreign share plan knowledge (RSU, ISO, ESPP, NQSO, SAR etc)
• EIS / SEIS knowledge and experience
- Accountancy Firm
- Employment Tax
- Pension Schemes