Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Share Scheme Secretary to join the team based in Watford. Joining on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,000 - £30,000 per annum.
Our client is the UK's leading wine retailer. They are in the process of turning the company around and propelling both businesses into the tomorrow, and the rest of the world. It’s an enormous task and a golden opportunity for the Group to build new kinds of retailers – ones that are loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
The Share Scheme Secretary role:
Our client has always been a people centric business. As part of their commitment to do "the right thing for their staff", all their staff receive shares within their business. This is part of their commitment to their staff, their customers and their suppliers.
As such we need someone to take ownership and management of our company share scheme.
Key Responsibilities as their Share Scheme Secretary:
- Taking full ownership and management of our share scheme
- Responsible for all communication to the wider business regarding our share scheme
- Deliver robust, regimented, management reporting
- Ensure diligent calculations are made to report correct data to wider stakeholders
- Take board minutes approving that performance criteria have been met and authorising issue of shares
Skills and Experience required of their Share Scheme Secretary:
- Previous experience managing share schemes in previous businesses
- You take deadlines, working under pressure, and a sometimes chaotic environment in your stride, and also instil this in your team
- You’ve probably worked in an entrepreneurial environment so you’re hands-on, efficient and unphased by ambiguity
- Building ideas together. People who find a blank piece of paper exciting and want to rapidly fill it through careful testing, learning and collaboration
- Humbleness. There is always dirty work to be done
- Highly organised: An ability to prioritise and feel comfortable working in fast paced environment while maintaining a good attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong administration experience
- An ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines with limited supervision
- A professional manner and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Able to use own initiative and prioritise
- Flexible “can-do” attitude and approach
- Confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically
- A commitment to continuous improvement
Benefits of becoming their Share Scheme Secretary:
- Salary: Circa £27-30k
- Contributory pension
- Private medical care
- Free shares
- Life assurance x 3 salary
- 20% staff discount
- Free wine
- Free lunch provided each day
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Share Scheme Secretary then please click ‘apply’ now, they would love to hear from you!