SHARE PLANS & INCENTIVES PRACTICE DEVELOPMENT LAWYER – ANY UK OFFICE
We are currently looking to recruit a Practice Development Lawyer (PDL), to join the well respected Share Plans & Incentives Team within the Employment & Reward Team. Ideally, this will be in London, but other regional offices will also be considered.
Significant share plans and incentives law expertise and experience will be required for the role. Share plans & incentives draws on a number of areas of legal knowledge: tax, employment, corporate and commercial. It requires an ability to communicate technical concepts clearly in plain English, an organised and practical approach, strong project management skills, the ability to deal with a range of people and personalities, and a sense of humour!
Our Share Plans & Incentives Team is independently recognised as one of the best and most experienced teams in the UK. With lawyers in our Birmingham, Glasgow, Leeds, London and Manchester offices working alongside lawyers in various of our international offices, we have one of the best resourced teams of share plans specialists of any law firm in the country, offering both national and international coverage for our clientsWe act as trusted advisor to a number of leading FTSE blue chip organisations as well as many other companies listed in the UK (on the full list and AIM) and outside of the UK. We also advise private companies, in the UK and internationally. Our clients rely on us to help them not only with technical legal issues but also to act as true business partners, understanding the particular challenges and opportunities within their respective sectors and businesses.
We pride ourselves on being confident and commercially aware, pragmatic and responsive. We provide our clients with innovative commercial solutions, not merely details of the legal issues. We help our clients navigate their daily challenges and deliver their strategic objectives. Our approach has resulted in us developing long term relationships and partnerships with clients, many of whom are household name companies.Share plans and incentives forms part of our "Reward+" (remuneration, benefits and incentives) practice. Current high focus on executive remuneration, increasing corporate governance requirements, media spotlight on diversity and gender and ethnicity pay issues and growing awareness by employers of the need for financial education and the importance of financially-related workplace benefits, together with continuing all-party support for wider share ownership make it an exciting area in which to work.
The Role Includes:
Publications/ Briefings/ Alerts and Updates
- Drafting share plans & incentives law related articles and updates for both clients and internal distribution with a practical and commercial focus, including sectoral publications;
- Drafting monthly knowhow updates for use internally (the update is discussed at internal team meetings) and to send to clients, incorporating our own comment/ view;
- Sharing knowledge via Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Helping to maintain share plans & incentives content on the EL+ and other firm websites, as relevant, including uploading content;
- Identifying share plans & incentives related stories and feeding to OUT-LAW in required form;
- Identifying new developments around a wide range of share plans & incentives issues including our key campaigns from time to time, and liaising with relevant fee earners, PDLs in the Employment & Reward,team, corporate team and other teams as appropriate, and OUT-LAW about these;
- Researching and/or writing articles for external publication;
- Drafting and updating OUT-LAW share plans & incentives guides, as required;
- Building weekly internal update; highlighting know how contributions in particular.
- Assisting with organisation and materials for client training;
- Delivering formal and informal technical training to team members at all levels. This work will include:
- developing and assisting with delivery of training programmes on share plans & incentives law topics for trainees, NQs, and other fee earners, including via external industry groups such as ProShare, Share Plans Lawyers (SPL) and the Global Equity Organisation (GEO);
- engaging with new starters and ensuring that they understand the way we manage knowledge within the team and how they are expected to contribute; and
- coaching and supporting team members as necessary, enabling them to find the resources and information they need (internally or externally).
- Taking responsibility for arranging external training sessions and subscriptions (ProShare, SPL, GEO and others), including bookings, renewals, making arrangements for these, publicising these to fee earners, requesting and monitoring feedback;
- Assisting with organisation and materials for annual Employment & Reward team day.
Knowledge & Research
- Create, monitor and maintain precedents, guidance notes and know-how for the Share Plans & Incentives team via our Teamsite. This work will include:
- drafting new precedents and related guidance as required;
- ensuring that existing precedents and related guidance are kept up-to-date and developed as appropriate;
- creating, gathering and maintaining know-how; and
- managing the impact of significant legal reforms and new law.
- Maintaining a range of 'value add' documents and resources;
- Encouraging and motivating solicitors in the Share Plans & Incentives Team to contribute useful knowledge content and share experience and learning as part of a High Performing Team culture;
- Filing knowhow content electronically and building and maintaining team intranet and knowhow pages to aid in accessibility of content to the team;
- Informing new starters of knowledge management services;
- Supporting the EL+ team and other teams, as appropriate, with ad hoc projects including international knowledge-gathering and sharing projects.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'