Peritus Healthcare are pleased to consider applications for the position of Sexual Health Lead Nurse in Enfield.
Our client provides a safe and trusted service to ensure informed choices around pregnancy, contraception and sexual health can be made.
They have a dedicated medical team who specialise in abortion treatment and services and who offer advice and support to ensure all clients are able to make an informed decision regarding their treatment.
- Work with the Service Manager to ensure a healthy and safe clinical environment for clients and staff.
- Work with the Service manager to prepare and implement the quarterly quality accounts and annual quality report.
- Undertake consultations for clients undergoing a termination of pregnancy.
- Carry out point of care testing including pregnancy testing and venepuncture if required. (training provided)
- Ultrasound Scanning (training provided if untrained)
- Discuss contraceptive options and provide/fit contraception in accordance with guidelines
- Administration of drugs to clients, following NMC guidelines, Patient Group Directives
- Appropriately Consenting clients for treatment/procedures.
- Provide and inform clients on STI Screening
- Checking details on client notes and alerting Doctor/surgeon/anaesthetist to any 'significant conditions’
- Recovery of clients and monitoring observations following treatment
- Ensure clients have received and completed a satisfaction survey questionnaire before discharge
- Ensuring clients are informed about aftercare prior to discharge
- Providing confidential telephone advice for clients with post-operative problems following discharge
- Completion of contemporaneous client records, consent and registers
Skills and Experience
- Current Nurse and Midwifery Council (NMC) registration as a Registered Nurse (Sub part 1 of the NMC register)/Registered Midwife
- Up to date knowledge and experience of working in a sexual health/TOP/gynae service.
- Recognised qualification in Contraception and Sexual Health (or successful completion of the (N)DFSRH within 12 months of commencing post).
- Faculty of Reproductive Sexual Healthcare (FSRH) Letter of Competence or equivalent qualification in Sub-dermal contraceptive implants (or successful completion of SDI training within 12 months of commencing post).
- Theatre certificate or qualified by experience
- Experience of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Management/Leadership Qualification.
- Professional nurse education teaching qualifications.
- Faculty of Reproductive Sexual Healthcare (FSRH Letter of Competence in intrauterine techniques i.e IUS/IDU fitter)
- Recognised qualification in Independent/Supplementary Prescribing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"