We have an exciting opportunity for you to join an award winning design studio. Our client is looking for a sewing machinist to join their new team based in Burnley.
We are looking for someone with a comprehensive and solid understanding of garment construction and high end quality finishes. The role will be reporting to the Head of Atelier to create toiles and garments for our clients related products and brands.
The ideal candidate will be confident in their abilities and have the willingness to learn new skills. A broad experience is beneficial as they will be working on a range of product including jackets and trousers, to tops and jersey pieces as well as accessories.
- Sewing of toiles and first samples.
- Giving developmental suggestions and feedback to the Head of Atelier.
- Sewing of final production pieces.
- Operating a range of industrial size sewing machines.
- Following specification and garment instructions accurately.
- Taking fittings and carrying out amendments as necessary.
- Outstanding skills in achieving the highest standards of workmanship and in interpreting the designer's vision.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of garments, fabric types and to produce precise alterations as required.
- Deep understanding of all materials and fabrics.
- Experience conducting alterations and amendments on complex garments.
- Extreme attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- High level of accuracy.
- Team player able to interact smoothly with all members of the atelier and design team.
- Proactive, flexible and able to multitask.
- Open minded and positive attitude.
- Fluent in English.